We are looking for an on-site events assistant to come up with ideas for and co-ordinate the smooth running of events at our markets. You must be a passionate and energetic individual that is very organised and unflappable under pressure. You will be bursting with ideas for how we can make our markets even better.
Who we are
HKMO is a young social enterprise committed to promoting the best of Hong Kong, be it fresh produce grown by Hong Kong's most dedicated organic farmers, handcrafted goods made by local artisans, or the best local brands and bands. We seek to educate and inspire with quality products, and allow people to rediscover the joy in market-going. HKMO is founded by food lovers with a passion for events, markets and media surrounding the subject of food.
Unlike most social enterprises in Hong Kong, HKMO is an independent organisation and is neither a government project nor a subsidy of a charity. We believe that the term social enterprise is not at all an oxymoron, and that we can build sustainable businesses that benefit the community, but we do need your help.
Every individual in the company works closely with each other. We work flexibly and value all contribution from you. We always treasure great ideas and talent, so we are currently seeking a high calibre candidate to join our team as an On-site Events Assistant
- An ideas person. You will have lots of exciting ideas for events at the markets.
- A multi-tasker. You will be willing to take on a number of tasks at any given time.
- A team player. You will need to work with everyone in the small team to ensure the smooth running of all events.
- Pro-active. As the events manager you will be expected to attend the weekend markets as well as other events we sponsor.
- A people person. You will be dealing with everyone from the vendors to the sponsors so you must have great communication skills.
We are looking for someone from any background who simply has a passion for the markets that we organise.